Including packed lunch ideas for adults, lunch recipes for the whole family and budget ideas on what to make for lunch
One of the biggest pressures, when you are on Slimming World, can be lunchtime. Finding packed lunch ideas that the whole family can eat while making sure they are healthy can be a minefield.
These 71 Slimming World packed lunch ideas are all really easy and take the pressure off when you’re trying to think of lunch ideas.
There’s no extra work involved in having the whole family eat on Slimming World with you. These packed lunch ideas can help you lose weight and stay on plan while making sure the kids are eating a healthy meal.
All these packed lunches are easy and most have very little syns per meal. All these Slimming World recipes can be made the night before and some even make great leftovers, meaning two meals in one.
If you’re worried that your food bill will increase, think again! All the food on our list is budget-friendly. Not all the vegetables have to be fresh, they could be frozen for example and don’t have to cost the earth.
Money saving printables
If you find meal planning hard then come join our Facebook group Money Saving Mums and get access to The Resource Vault with access to over 15+ money saving printables. This includes our easy slow cooker meals meal plan, available exclusively to subscribers!
(By joining giving us your email address you are consenting to us emailing you about our other travel, home and lifestyle ideas. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every email.)
If you’re worried about buying groceries while on Slimming World or think that the plan can’t work for the whole family then use these 5 tips below to keep your shopping bill down.
Get help from a community
Join our FREE saving money help in our Money Saving Mums Facebook group. Our safe community of parents are all in the same boat as you. Becoming debt-free isn’t easy but together we can all help each other.
Use money saving apps
Use money managing apps like Plum to keep your shopping bill under control. Using an app like Plum can really help you keep your money in check. Plum can help you build up your savings while showing you exactly where your money is going.
You can link all your accounts to it. It’s very transparent! It’s free to use and perfect if you prefer all your knowledge in one place.
Join a money saving challenge
Join our FREE six-week money-saving course that can help you save up to £300 a month. Come join us now here.
Check your bills
Go through all your bills and check you’re on the best deal. This should be done at least every 6 months. We all know we should be doing it regularly and it really can save you money. If the whole idea fills you with dread then have a look at Bulb. They make switching really simple, promote going green and also offer you a bonus when you switch.
We recently swapped to Bulb and saved over £100. You can get a quote here and find out how much you could save. It costs nothing to find out.
Use cashback sites
Use cashback if you shop online for anything. We recommend OhMyDosh. They are a great and free cashback site that you can use when you are shopping online.
What are some hacks for packing your own lunch?
Start with your meal plan. Get the whole family involved. Just because you’re on Slimming World doesn’t mean you have to eat differently but it does take planner. Do you have a microwave to warm leftovers up? Do you have a fridge to cool salads? Thinking ahead is a great way to stay on track
Making sure you have air tight containers like these can help keep everything fresh.
Eating the same as the kids can really help you stay on budget. We all know kids love beige food at times, so an Air Fryer is a great way to make kid-friendly food more healthy.
Don’t think you have to eat the same food over and over again. The great thing about Slimming World is that it’s great for families and can be adapted for all budgets.
For examples of Slimming World meal plans and shopping lists try these:
71 Budget Vegan Slimming World Recipes for the Whole Family – This covers family-friendly recipes that are vegan and healthy.
Aldi Slimming World Shopping List 2020 – Use this to go shopping. This gives you loads of Slimming World food ideas from Aldi that are either low syn or free.
Cheap and Easy Slimming World 7 Day Plan – If you are struggling to find a week’s worth of meals then try this post. Use our free meal plan so you don’t even have to think!
75 Slimming World Vegetarian Recipes That The Whole Family Will Enjoy – These are recipes for the whole family to enjoy that are also budget friendly.
27 Slimming World Breakfast Ideas for the Whole Family – If you are struggling to come up with breakfast ideas then this post is for you. It covers everything from easy and quick ideas and weekend treats.
101 Easy Slimming World Meals For The Whole Family – Fill up your weekly meal plan with these family-friendly meals. You won’t go hungry and it means that you can cook one meal that everyone will enjoy.
The Best Aldi Slimming World Meal Plan and Shopping List – Use this for those weeks that you are stuck on what to cook.
They all include packed lunch ideas and healthy extras that can help you with your weight loss. Use them if you need breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes for the whole family.
Quite a few of the below can be used as slow cooker recipes as well. You’ll never have to go out and buy lunch again!
Cheap Slimming World lunch ideas
Trying to sort food for the whole family can be daunting especially if it’s your first time doing it. Here are our top five tips to help you keep your spending down while making sure you’re all fed and still excited by food:
- Work out your first shop by using our Aldi Slimming World shopping list as a guide. Check your fridge, freezer and cupboards and check off what you already have.
- Meal plan while doing the above. Make this your only shop so try and think of everything including snacks and drinks for the week.
- Try and get into a routine. If you know you’re bad in the mornings then plan the night before. Use one of our leftover packed lunch ideas below so you can fly out the door.
- Use the Slimming World book to really get your head around Free Food and Speed Food. This will help you get the balance right.
- Trust the plan. It does seem like you’re eating a lot but if you stick to it then you’re eating a great variety of food that can help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Give it time.
More Slimming World meal ideas
If you are a beginner cook, looking for more Slimming World ideas or even family meals in general then have a look at Spicentice.
They send out packets of spices with easy to follow instructions so you can make a meal from scratch.
They are great to use if you are new to cooking from scratch or if you are looking to get your family eating new budget-friendly meals and have no clue where to start.
We tried them at the start of this year and loved them. We got stuck in a food rut and they helped by giving us ideas while keeping our food budget really low.
Most of their spices are Slimming World friendly and can be made for all kinds of diets.
We made the below meals using Spicentice. Try them for yourself here:
Slimming World Packed Lunch Ideas
Here are 71 easy Slimming World packed lunch ideas for the whole family.
We’ve split them up into vegetarian, adults, kid-friendly food and lunch recipes that work perfectly for leftovers.
They are all really easy to cook and prepare. Ask your family to pick a few each for your meal plan and watch everyone enjoy good food but on a budget!
Slimming World Vegetarian Lunch Recipes
- Syn Free Minestrone Soup
- Syn Free Apple and Beetroot Salad
- Low Syn Garlic and Chilli Pasta
- Curried Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Soup
- Low Carb Aubergine Pizza Rolls
- Sweet baked potato, beetroot and a salad
- A baked potato with choice of toppings
- Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
- Low Syn Scrambled Egg Toast with Tomatoes
- Tex-Mex Omelette Wraps
- Roasted Stuffed Peppers
- Bubble and Squeak Cakes
- Bean and Rice Burritos
- Onion and Potato Tortilla
- Beetroot Bistro Salad
- Baked Vegetable Frittata
- Onion and Courgette Quiche
- Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Couscous Bites
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Onion Masala Toast
- Cauliflower Pizza
Packed lunch ideas for adults
- Syn Free French Onion Soup
- Sweet potato and chilli soup
- Omelets with handful of frozen vegetables
- 3 egg omelette with your choice of filling (Bacon, Ham, Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushroom, Onion)
- Poached eggs and bacon with a syn free Hash Brown
- Sweet baked potato, sliced ham, beetroot and a salad
- A baked potato with choice of toppings
- Syn Free Orzo Primavera Pasta Salad
- Syn Free Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Roasted butternut squash chicken quinoa
- Syn Free Rainbow Salad
- Syn free pasta salad
- Slimming World Smoky tomato, bean and chorizo sausage soup (from Iceland)
- Instant pot thai chicken rice soup
- Syn free meat and vetetable pilaf
- Sweet Potato Fried Rice
- Syn Free Potato Cakes
- Baked beans on toast
Slimming World packed lunch ideas for kids
- Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars
- Syn Free Sausage Rolls
- Syn Free Quiche Lorraine
- Lemon Oat Pancakes
- Syn Free Tomato and Basil Soup
- Syn Free Cheese and Onion Pasties
- Syn free pizza
- Low Syn Scotch Eggs
- Syn free bacon cheesy tomato pasta
- Syn Free Chicken and Sweetcorn Pizza Calzone
- Crispy Air Fryer Potato Chip Chicken Goujons
- Low Syn Tuna Melt Toastie
- Breakfast Roll Bakes
- Breakfast Quiche
- Low Syn Thai Crab Cakes
- Homemade Low Syn Bagels with Fillings
- Syn Free Cheese Twirls
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- One Pot Beef Pasta
- 31 Aldi Slow Cooker Recipes For The Whole Family
- The Ultimate £1 Per Head Budget Meal Planning List
- 7 Cheap Online Shopping Hacks That Will Save You Thousands
Lunch recipes that also make leftovers
- Syn free courgette and parmesan pasta
- Slimming World Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
- Slimming World quarter pounder burger from Iceland with a salad
- Syn free sausage casserole
- Syn free vegetarian chickpea curry
- Slimming World mushroom sauce mixed with cooked pasta
- Syn free cottage pie
- Ham and mixed Vegetable Quiche
- Hosin Vegetable Noddle Stir Fry
- Crustless quiche with red onion
- Syn Free Chilli
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more family friendly budget recipes or meal plan ideas, then head over to the budget food section here on Savings 4 Savvy Mums where you’ll find over 30 cheap posts dedicated to helping you cook and shop wiser for less. There’s enough tips to help you save over £300 a month! You could also pop over and follow my family food Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on how to eat well and spend less; Family Meal Plans on a Budget, Budget Family Meals & Budget Slimming World Recipes for Families.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.
What the * means
If a link has an * by it, then this means it is an affiliate link and helps S4SM stay free for all. If you use the link, it may mean that we receive a very small payment. It will not cost you anymore that it would normally.
You shouldn’t notice any difference and the link will never negatively impact the product. The items we write about are NEVER dictated by these links. We aim to look at all products on the market. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link, then the link, or product is still included in the same way, just with a non-paying link.