This post may contain affiliate links which is shown by a *. This means if you click on a link I may get a small commission at no cost to you.
Including packed lunch ideas for adults, lunch recipes for the whole family and budget ideas on what to make for lunch
One of the biggest pressures, when you are on Slimming World, can be lunchtime. Finding packed lunch ideas that the whole family can eat while making sure they are healthy can be a minefield.
These 69 Slimming World packed lunch ideas are all really easy and take the pressure off when you’re trying to think of lunch ideas.
There’s no extra work involved in having the whole family eat on Slimming World with you. These packed lunch ideas can help you lose weight and stay on plan while making sure the kids are eating a healthy meal.
All these packed lunches are easy and most have very little syns per meal. All these Slimming World recipes can be made the night before and some even make great leftovers, meaning two meals in one.
If you’re worried that your food bill will increase, think again! All the food on our list is budget friendly. Not all the vegetables have to be fresh, they could be frozen for example and don’t have to cost the earth.
If you’re worried about buying groceries while on Slimming World, or think that the plan can’t work for the whole family then use these 5 tips below to keep your shopping bill down.
- Join our FREE saving money help in our Money Saving Mums Facebook group.Our safe community of parents are all in the same boat as you. Becoming debt free isn’t easy but together we can all help each other.
2. Use money managing apps like Plum to keep your shopping bill under control. Using an app like Plum* can really help you keep your moneyin check. Plum* can help you build up your savings while showing you exactly where your money is going.
You can link all your accounts to it. It’s very transparent! It’s free to use and perfect if you prefer all your knowledge in one place.
3. Join our FREE six-week money saving course that can help you save up to £300 a month. Come join us now!
4. Go through all your bills and check you’re on the best deal. This should be done at least every 6 months. We all know we should be doing it regularly and it really can save you money. If the whole idea fills you with dread then have a look at Bulb*. They make switching really simple, promote going green and also offer you a bonus when you switch.
It doesn’t cost you a penny to use them. If you make a purchase through their site you receive the money. It’s that simple!
Swagbucks* is great for earning free gift cards and cash when you do normal things online like watching videos, searching the web and answering survey questions.
What to make for lunch
If you find meal planning hard then come join our Facebook group Money Saving Mums and get access to The Resource Vault with access to over 15+ money saving printables. This includes our easy slow cooker meals meal plan, available exclusively to subscribers!
Making sure you have air tight containers like these can help keep everything fresh.
Eating the same as the kids can really help you stay on budget. We all know kids love beige food at times, so an Air Fryer is a great way to make kid-friendly food more healthy.
Don’t think you have to eat the same food over and over again. The great thing about Slimming World is that it’s great for families and can be adapted for all budgets.
For examples of Slimming World meal plans and shopping lists try these:
They include packed lunch ideas and healthy extras that can help you with your weight loss. Use them if you need breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes for the whole family.
Quite a few of the below can be used as slow cooker recipes as well. You’ll never have to go out and buy lunch again!
Trying to sort food for the whole family can be daunting especially if it’s your first time doing it. Here are our top five tips to help you keep your spending down while making sure you’re all fed and still excited by food:
1. Work out your first shop by using our Aldi Slimming World shopping list as a guide. Check your fridge, freezer and cupboards and check off what you already have.
2. Meal plan while doing the above. Make this your only shop so try and think of everything including snacks and drinks for the week.
3. Try and get into a routine. If you know you’re bad in the mornings then plan the night before. Use one of our leftover packed lunch ideas below so you can fly out the door.
4. Use the Slimming World book to really get your head around Free Food and Speed Food. This will help you get the balance right.
5. Trust the plan. It does seem like you’re eating a lot but if you stick to it then you’re eating a great variety of food that can help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Give it time.
Slimming world packed lunch ideas
So here are our 69 Slimming World lunch box ideas that are easy on your budget and perfect for the whole family.
We’ve split them up into vegetarian, adults, kid friendly food and lunch recipes that work perfectly for leftovers.
They are all really easy to cook and prepare. Ask your family to pick a few each for your meal plan and watch everyone enjoy good food but on a budget!
Slimming World Vegetarian Lunch Recipes
1. Syn Free Minestrone Soup
2. Syn Free Apple and Beetroot Salad
3. Low Syn Garlic and Chilli Pasta
4. Curried Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Soup
5. Low Carb Aubergine Pizza Rolls
6. Sweet baked potato, beetroot and a salad
7. A baked potato with choice of toppings
8. Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
9. Low Syn Scrambled Egg Toast with Tomatoes
10. Tex-Mex Omelette Wraps
11. Roasted Stuffed Peppers
12. Bubble and Squeak Cakes
13. Bean and Rice Burritos
14. Onion and Potato Tortilla
15. Beetroot Bistro Salad
16. Baked Vegetable Frittata
17. Onion and Courgette Quiche
18. Carrot and Lentil Soup
19. Greek Pasta Salad
20. Cheesy Couscous Bites
21. Watermelon and Feta Salad
22. Onion Masala Toast
23. Cauliflower Pizza
Packed lunch ideas for adults
24. Syn Free French Onion Soup
25. Sweet potato and chilli soup
26. Omelets with handful of frozen vegetables
27. 3 egg omelette with your choice of filling (Bacon, Ham, Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushroom, Onion)
28. Poached eggs and bacon with a syn free Hash Brown
29. Sweet baked potato, sliced ham, beetroot and a salad
30. A baked potato with choice of toppings
31. Syn Free Orzo Primavera Pasta Salad
32. Syn Free Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
33. Roasted butternut squash chicken quinoa
34. Syn Free Rainbow Salad
35. Syn free pasta salad
36. Slimming World Smoky tomato, bean and chorizo sausage soup (from Iceland)
37. Instant pot thai chicken rice soup
38. Syn free meat and vetetable pilaf
39. Sweet Potato Fried Rice
40. Syn Free Potato Cakes
Slimming World packed lunch ideas for kids
41. One Pot Beef Pasta
42. Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars
43. Syn Free Sausage Rolls
44. Syn Free Quiche Lorraine
45. Lemon Oat Pancakes
46. Syn Free Tomato and Basil Soup
47. Syn Free Cheese and Onion Pasties
48. Syn free pizza
49. Low Syn Scotch Eggs
50. Syn free bacon cheesy tomato pasta
51. Syn Free Chicken and Sweetcorn Pizza Calzone
52. Crispy Air Fryer Potato Chip Chicken Goujons
53. Low Syn Tuna Melt Toastie
54. Breakfast Roll Bakes
55. Breakfast Quiche
56. Low Syn Thai Crab Cakes
57. Homemade Low Syn Bagels with Fillings
58. Syn Free Cheese Twirls
59. Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- Slimming World Extra Easy Food Diary on a Budget
- 75 Slimming World Vegetarian Recipes That The Whole Family Will Enjoy
- 5 Budget Toddler Lunch Ideas That Cost Under £1
Lunch recipes that also make leftovers
60. Syn Free Chilli
61. Syn free courgette and parmesan pasta
62. Slimming World Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
63. Slimming World quarter pounder burger from Iceland with a salad
64. Syn free sausage casserole
65. Syn free vegetarian chickpea curry
66. Slimming World mushroom sauce mixed with cooked pasta
67. Syn free cottage pie
68. Ham and mixed Vegetable Quiche
69. Hosin Vegetable Noddle Stir Fry
Save More as a Family
If you’re struggling to save money then why not join our FREE money saving course that takes you step by step through saving money as a family. All simple steps to help you build an emergency fund or save towards that mega holiday.
This is the perfect time to improve your finances.
With this free email course, we cover everything from setting financial goals to ways to earn some extra money in your free time. Over the next 6-weeks, you will receive an email that will help you save your family more money.
Come Join us now and watch your savings grow.
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more family friendly budget recipes or meal plan ideas, then head over to the budget food section here on Savings 4 Savvy Mums where you’ll find over 30 cheap posts dedicated to helping you cook and shop wiser for less. There’s enough tips to help you save over £300 a month! You could also pop over and follow my family food Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on how to eat well and spend less; Family Meal Plans on a Budget, Budget Family Meals & Budget Slimming World Recipes for Families.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.
What the * means
If a link has an * by it, then this means it is an affiliate link and helps S4SM stay free for all. If you use the link, it may mean that we receive a very small payment. It will not cost you anymore that it would normally.
You shouldn’t notice any difference and the link will never negatively impact the product. The items we write about are NEVER dictated by these links. We aim to look at all products on the market. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link, then the link, or product is still included in the same way, just with a non-paying link.