This post may contain affiliate links which is shown by a *. This means if you click on a link I may get a small commission at no cost to you.
Including a Slimming World meal plan and shopping list
If you have no idea how to start planning your Slimming World family meals on a budget then you aren’t alone. Many of us want to eat healthy meals and just don’t have time to cook a separate meal for the kids.
This Slimming World 7 day budget menu is as ‘cheap as chips’ and shows that eating healthily doesn’t mean mega money or just salad!
These are all quick and easy recipes that don’t cost the earth and that your kids will love too. Meaning you only have to cook one meal and know that your family are eating well while it’s costing you less. Win!
Slimming World meals on a budget
If the idea of trying to feed your family using Slimming World fills you with dread then use our 5 money saving tips to help keep your food shopping down:
If you’re worried about buying groceries while on Slimming World, or think that the plan can’t work for the whole family then use these 5 tips below to keep your shopping bill down.
- Join our FREE saving money help in our Money Saving Mums Facebook group.Our safe community of parents are all in the same boat as you. Becoming debt free isn’t easy but together we can all help each other.
- Use money managing apps like Plum to keep your shopping bill under control. Using an app like Plum* can really help you keep your money in check. Plum* can help you build up your savings while showing you exactly where your money is going.
You can link all your accounts to it. It’s very transparent! It’s free to use and perfect if you prefer all your knowledge in one place.
- Join our FREE six-week money saving course that can help you save up to £300 a month. Come join us now!
4. Go through all your bills and check you’re on the best deal. This should be done at least every 6 months. We all know we should be doing it regularly and it really can save you money. If the whole idea fills you with dread then have a look at Bulb*. They make switching really simple, promote going green and also offer you a bonus when you switch.
- Use cashbacks if you shop online for anything. We recommend Quidco*and Swagbucks*.You get money off whenever you shop online through their sites which can really come in handy once baby is born.
It doesn’t cost you a penny to use them. If you make a purchase through their site you receive the money. It’s that simple!
Swagbucks* is great for earning free gift cards and cash when you do normal things online like watching videos, searching the web and answering survey questions.
Slimming World shopping can really be done in any supermarket but we favour shopping at Aldi.
Slimming World Family Meals on a Budget Printable
Having Slimming World meal plans to hand is one way to keep yourself and your family on track while not overspending.
Everything is included from budget planners to meal plans and pre-made shopping lists plus a link to our Money Saving Mums Facebook group!
Cheap Slimming World meals
Struggling to find day time meal ideas on Slimming World? Then here are 21 breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes that can help you fill your meal plan: (Click here for our 75 Slimming World vegetarian recipes that the whole family will enjoy)
Breakfast on Slimming World
- Sliced banana topped with a yogurt
- Omelette with your choice of Syn free toppings
- Overnight Oats
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks
- Breakfast Sandwich
- Banana Granola
- Breakfast Hash
Lunch recipes on Slimming World
- One Pot Beef Pasta
- Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars
- Syn Free Sausage Rolls
- Syn Free Quiche Lorraine
- Lemon Oat Pancakes
- Syn Free Tomato and Basil Soup
- Syn Free Cheese and Onion Pasties
Dinner recipes on Slimming World
- Chicken stroganoff
- Grilled chicken kebabs
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Stir fry chicken noodles with vegetables
- Mediterranean chicken
- Homemade burgers with sweet potato fries
- 69 Slimming World Packed Lunch Ideas
- Aldi Slimming World Shopping List
- 21 low Syn extra easy food diary on a budget
Slimming World quick meals
Being able to stick to the Slimming World plan is essential to success. We’ve come up with some ways that helped us as a family when we were all following Slimming World. These are:
1. Work out your first shop by using our Aldi Slimming World shopping list as a guide. Check your fridge, freezer and cupboards and check off what you already have.
2. For examples of Slimming World meal plans and shopping lists try these:
Use these if you need breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes for the whole family.
3. Try and get into a routine. If you know you’re bad in the mornings then plan the night before. Use one of our leftover packed lunch ideas below so you can fly out the door.
4. Use the Slimming World book to really get your head around Free Food and Speed Food. This will help you get the balance right.
5. Trust the plan. It does seem like you’re eating a lot but if you stick to it then you’re eating a great variety of food that can help you lead a healthy lifestyle. Give it time.
Slimming World Meal Plan
If you’re looking for an example of what a family Slimming World meal plan looks like then we have one below.
These and the shopping list are for four, two adults and two children unless stated. All meals can be frozen or bulked up for more people. Most can also be made in advance if you know you’re going to be in late.
All of the below shopping list can brought at Iceland or at any discount store.
Don’t forget the quote “Eat Breakfast like a KING, Lunch like a Prince and Dine like a Pauper”
Frozen mixed summer fruits (raspberries, strawberries and blackberries) covered in fat free natural yogurt.
3 egg omelette with your choice of filling (Bacon, Ham, Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushroom, Onion)
Poached eggs and bacon with a syn free Hash Brown
Sweet baked potato, sliced ham, beetroot and a salad
Sliced pear, honeydew melon, strawberries and fat free Greek style yogurt
2 syn free hash browns, 1/2 tin of baked beans and scrambled eggs
Slimming World Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
Sliced banana topped with a syn free Mullerlight yogurt.
Slimming World quarter pounder burger from Iceland with a salad.
Fried breakfast using Frylight: 6 eggs, 6 Slimming World sausages, 6 bacon medallions, 8 cherry tomatoes, 6 mushrooms and 2 tins of baked beans.
Slimming World Smoky tomato, bean and chorizo sausage soup (from Iceland)
Omelette with your choice of Syn free toppings. (Ham, bacon, spinach, mushrooms etc.)
Slimming World 7 day Shopping List
This shopping list makes the above meal plan for four people. It’s a budget shopping list but can help if you need to keep your food bill low for a month.
Frozen mixed summer fruits (raspberries, strawberries and blackberries)
Frozen chicken breasts
Frozen mixed peppers
Frozen mixed vegetables
Fat free natural yogurt
Fat free Greek style yogurt
15 pack of Bacon
Iceland Hash Brows
6 Sweet baked potatoes
Butternut squash lasagna pasta sheets
Potatoes 4 pack of beans
4 Mullerlight yogurts
Slimming World quarter pounder burger from Iceland
Pack of cherry tomatoes
Chorizo sausage soup from Iceland1 Leek
Dried mixed herbs
4 tins of chopped tomatoes
Wholemeal bread mix
50g Half fat mozzarella
2 tins of Slimming World Smoky tomato, bean and chorizo sausage soup
Saving money as a family
If you’re struggling to save money then why not join our FREE money saving course that takes you step by step through saving money as a family. All simple steps to help you build an emergency fund or save towards that mega holiday.
This is the perfect time to improve your finances.
With this free email course, we cover everything from setting financial goals to ways to earn some extra money in your free time. Over the next 6-weeks, you will receive an email that will help you save your family more money.
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more family friendly budget recipes or meal plan ideas, then head over to the budget food section here on Savings 4 Savvy Mums where you’ll find over 30 cheap posts dedicated to helping you cook and shop wiser for less. There’s enough tips to help you save over £300 a month! You could also pop over and follow my family food Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on how to eat well and spend less; Family Meal Plans on a Budget, Budget Family Meals & Budget Slimming World Recipes for Families.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.
What the * means
If a link has an * by it, then this means it is an affiliate link and helps S4SM stay free for all. If you use the link, it may mean that we receive a very small payment. It will not cost you anymore that it would normally.
You shouldn’t notice any difference and the link will never negatively impact the product. The items we write about are NEVER dictated by these links. We aim to look at all products on the market. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link, then the link, or product is still included in the same way, just with a non-paying link.