This post may contain affiliate links which is shown by a *. This means if you click on a link I may get a small commission at no cost to you.
Including Slimming World vegetarian breakfast ideas and lunch on the go recipes
Are you struggling to find budget Slimming World meal plans or Slimming World vegetarian recipes that your whole family will eat?
You don’t need to go hungry to be able to afford to feed your family good food. Even if you aren’t following a vegetarian diet, but want to reduce your meat intake, then this Slimming World meal plan and 75 Slimming World vegetarian recipes will help you on your way to eating better as a family on a budget.
Cheap Slimming World Meals
This is how you can you shop as a vegetarian following Slimming World on a budget.
It may seem pretty obvious, but meal planning will not only save you time but a lot of money as well.
Start by writing down every single ingredient you throw away. so for example if you run out of pasta, then that gets written down.
Something like this magnetic meal planner and shopping list is good, as it sticks to your fridge. You could use a simple notepad. This works well if you like going back to look at past weeks meal plans for inspiration.
What could work better is a budget meal planning and recipe app. Our app is currently in development, but will have over 5000 budget family recipes, a way to meal plan for 52 weeks of the year, a shopping list you can tick off as you shop or email, and a way to search recipes depending on what leftovers you have in the cupboard!
Want To Know More About Our Budget Food App?
When you enter your email address, you are agreeing to us storing your email address. We will send you updates about the app, budget food recipe ideas and meal plans plus any deals or money saving tips we come across. By clicking the button you are agreeing to use doing this. Thank you.
It’s best to shop weekly if you can.
This is because if you get bored, then you aren’t stuck with a fridge full of food going off that you won’t use and kids taste change.
Shopping at a discounter is a great idea as while the food isn’t branded, it still contains the same syn value.
If you prefer to shop online then make sure you look at Quidco* first, as this could save you £100s off your shopping bill.
Slimming World Vegetarian Recipes
So here are 75 Slimming World vegetarian recipes that will cover all your free meals. They are family friendly and light on your purse too.
Slimming World Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas
- Syn Free Strawberry and Vanilla Waffles
- Syn Free Melon and Berries
- Syn Free Cous Cous Breakfast Cups
- Syn Free Oat Pancakes
- Syn Free Full Breakfast Brunch
- Syn Free Courgette and Butterbean Frittata
- Blueberry and Lemon Baked Oats
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
- Easy Syn Free Waffle Omelette
- Frozen mixed summer fruits (raspberries, strawberries and blackberries) covered in fat free natural yogurt.
- Poached eggs with a Syn free Hash Brown
- Sliced pear, honeydew melon, strawberries and fat free Greek style yogurt
- 2 syn free hash browns, 1/2 tin of baked beans and scrambled eggs
- Sliced banana topped with a syn free Mullerlight yogurt
- Omelette with your choice of Syn free toppings
- Overnight Oats
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks
- Breakfast Sandwich
- Banana Granola
- Breakfast Hash
Slimming World Vegetarian Lunch Ideas
- Syn Free Minestrone Soup
- Syn Free Apple and Beetroot Salad
- Low Syn Garlic and Chilli Pasta
- Curried Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Soup
- Low Syn Bagels
- Sweet baked potato, beetroot and a salad
- A baked potato with choice of toppings
- Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
- Low Syn Scrambled Egg Toast with Tomatoes
- Tex-Mex Omelette Wraps
- Roasted Stuffed Peppers
- Bubble and Squeak Cakes
- Bean and Rice Burritos
- Onion and Potato Tortilla
- Beetroot Bistro Salad
- Baked Vegetable Frittata
- Onion and Courgette Quiche
- Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Couscous Bites
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Onion Masala Toast
- Cauliflower Pizza
Slimming World Vegetarian Dinner Ideas
- Low Syn Cheesy Pasta
- Syn Free Lemongrass and Ginger Rice Noodle Soup
- Vegetable Stew
- Quorn Chicken Burger Wrap
- Syn Free Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta
- Syn Free Spicy Sweet Potato and Lentils
- Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
- One Pot Speed Pasta
- Syn free tomato and garlic pasta
- Syn free butternut squash lasagna
- Syn Free Pizza
- Low Syn Roast
- Syn free vegetarian chickpea curry
- Syn Free Lentil Cheddar Sweetcorn Bake
- Baked Cannelloni
- Macaroni Cheese
- Vegetable and Lentil Lasagna
- Vegetable Filo Tart
- Homity Pie
- Aloo Gobi
- Vegetable Antipasti
- Wild Mushroom and chestnut Pies
- Tikka Masala Sauce
- Welsh Onion Cake
- Quorn Cottage Pie
- Pumpkin Risotto
- Vegetable Pad Tai
- Italian Bean Stew
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Garlic and Carrot Noodles
- Quick Mac and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Chilli Nachos
Vegetarian Slimming World Meal Plan
This is a one weeks vegetarian Slimming World meal plan for the whole family. The shopping list comes in at under £25 excluding drinks.
This is all worked out at Asda, but going to a discounter can make the list even cheaper!
You will have some leftovers, so using something like our leftover app all these can be used in other meals or frozen.
These can also be swapped and changed at will with the above.
Frozen mixed summer fruits (raspberries, strawberries and blackberries) covered in fat free natural yogurt.
3 egg omelette with your choice of filling (Bacon, Ham, Spinach, Tomatoes, Mushroom, Onion)
Poached eggs with a Syn free Hash Brown
Sweet baked potato, beetroot and a salad
Sliced pear, honeydew melon, strawberries and fat free Greek style yogurt
2 syn free hash browns, 1/2 tin of baked beans and scrambled eggs
Slimming World Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
Sliced banana topped with fat free natural yogurt
Low Syn Bagels
Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
Syn Free Brunch
Syn Free Minestrone Soup
Omelette with your choice of Syn free toppings.
Low Syn Scrambled Egg Toast with Tomatoes
Slimming World Vegetarian Shopping List
This has been done by shopping in Asda. It can be done elsewhere. None of these need to be branded items. All prices correct at time of being published.
500g Frozen mixed summer fruits (raspberries, strawberries and blackberries) £1.75
1kg Frozen mixed peppers £1.30
600g Frozen mushrooms £1
650g Frozen onion £1
1kg Frozen mixed vegetables 82p
300g Spinach £1
2 x 500g Fat free natural yogurt £1,60
500g Fat free Greek style yogurt 80p
300g Cottage Cheese 79p
200g Half fat mozzarella 80p
6 Tomatoes 69p
325g Cherry tomatoes 95p
800g Iceland Hash Brows £1
1kg Sweet potatoes £1
710g Beetroot £1.10
230g Salad 70p
250g Butternut squash lasagna pasta sheets £1.14
250g Cannelloni Tubes £1.55
6pk Pears £1
1 Honeydew melon £2
4 pack of beans 98p
5pk Bananas 90p
- Slimming World Extra Easy Food Diary on a Budget
- The Essential Budget Aldi Slimming World Shopping List
- Vegan Grocery List on a Budget: Easy Vegan Meals for Beginners Under £25 for 4
This takes into account your kitchen staples. A full list of kitchen staples can be found here but normally food like chopped tomatoes, pasata, tomato puree, wholemeal bread mix, noodles, Frylight, eggs, dried mixed herbs, garlic, vegetable stock and pasta all count as staples.