Including vegetarian and vegan Slimming World ideas
Finding delicious Slimming World family-friendly meals isn’t easy. We all know that cooking one meal saves us money but what if you can’t find a meal that the whole family like?
This post brings you over 100 easy Slimming World meal ideas that are either syn free or low syn. This includes slow cooker ideas and even fakeaway meals like a great chicken curry.
Just because you are following Slimming World doesn’t mean that you can’t eat all the food you or your family love. You can! You can still eat egg fried rice, potato salad and chicken korma all in moderation.
If you are looking for vegan or vegetarian ideas then look at:
Free meal plans and shopping lists
If you are looking for free meal plans or shopping lists to have you budget then come join our free Resource Vault. It’s packed full of ideas and printables that you can download as many times as you like.
(By joining giving us your email address you are consenting to us emailing you about our other travel, home and lifestyle ideas. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every email.)
Slimming World Budget Ideas
If the idea of trying to feed your family using Slimming World fills you with dread then use our 5 money-saving tips to help keep your food shopping down:
If you’re worried about buying groceries while on Slimming World or think that the plan can’t work for the whole family then use these 5 tips below to keep your shopping bill down.
Meal planning is the best easy to save money as a family. Use our templates in our Resource Vault to help you plan.
Write down the meals you want for a week. These don’t have to be set in stone but means that you are less likely to go for a takeaway and will cook from scratch.
Look here for budget Slimming World meal plans for the whole family:
Use money-saving apps
Use money managing apps like Snoop to keep your shopping bill under control. Using an app like Snoop can really help you keep your money in check. Snoop* can help you build up your savings while showing you exactly where your money is going.
You can link all your accounts to it. It’s very transparent! It’s free to use and perfect if you prefer all your knowledge in one place.
Go through all your bills and check you’re on the best deal. This should be done at least every 6 months. We all know we should be doing it regularly and it really can save you money. If the whole idea fills you with dread then have a look at Bulb. They make switching really simple, promote going green and also offer you a bonus when you switch.
Use cashback sites
Use cashbacks if you shop online for anything. We recommend OhMyDosh, Quidco and Swagbucks. You get money off whenever you shop online through their sites which can really come in handy once baby is born.
It doesn’t cost you a penny to use them. If you make a purchase through their site you receive the money. It’s that simple!
We use OhMyDosh* for making money through surveys and getting cashback on anything we buy online. Find out more OhMyDosh here and what we think of them.
Downshift your food
Buying value ranges is a great way to save money. You don’t have to buy everything fresh either. Use cans or frozen food to make cooking your meals quick and easy. Start by buying the lower range items and slowly work your way up depending on if you liked the product taste or not.
Recipes for Slimming World
If you are a beginner cook, looking for more Slimming World ideas or even family meals in general then have a look at Spicentice.
They send out packets of spices with easy to follow instructions so you can make a meal from scratch.
They are great to use if you are new to cooking from scratch or if you are looking to get your family eating new budget-friendly meals and have no clue where to start.
We tried them at the start of this year and loved them. We got stuck in a food rut and they helped by giving us ideas while keeping our food budget really low.
Most of their spices are Slimming World friendly and can be made for all kinds of diets.
We made the below meals using Spicentice. Try them for yourself here:
Best Slimming World Recipes
Here are the best Slimming World recipes that the whole family can enjoy. A lot of these are budget friendly but all of them are easy to make. Please don’t get put off. As long as you meal plan you really can eat well for very little cost.
Remember to use your freezer too. Making an extra portion will mean that you have some for the next day too.
If you are looking for inspiration on cheap family meals then have a look at:
Slimming World recipes breakfast
These Slimming World breakfast ideas are a mixture of quick week day recipes and a bit longer weekend ones. These are great for the whole family to eat on a budget.
- Syn Free Strawberry and Vanilla Waffles
- Syn Free Melon and Berries
- Vanilla Panna Cotta made with Greek Yoghurt
- Apple oat pancakes
- Syn Free Full Breakfast Brunch
- Syn Free Courgette and Butterbean Frittata
- Blueberry and Lemon Baked Oats
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
- Easy Syn Free Waffle Omelette
- Frozen mixed summer fruits (raspberries, strawberries and blackberries) covered in fat free natural yogurt.
- Poached eggs with a Syn free Hash Brown
- Sliced pear, honeydew melon, strawberries and fat free Greek style yogurt
- 2 syn free hash browns, 1/2 tin of baked beans and scrambled eggs
- Sliced banana topped with a Mullerlight yogurt
- Omelette with your choice of Syn free toppings
- Overnight Oats
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Stacks
- Breakfast Sandwich
- Banana Granola
- Breakfast Hash
- Oatmeal Smoothie Bowl
- Hot Cross Bun Pots
- Banana Raisin Oats
- Apple Oat Bites
- Peanut Butter Oats
- Syn free hash brown cheese and ham
- Chocolate and banana pancakes
- Pouched egg with garlic mushrooms
- French toast with strawberries
- Pear muffins
- Carrot cake flapjack cookies
Slimming World recipes lunch
These Slimming World lunch ideas are yummy and budget friendly. This is a month of ideas for the whole family to enjoy. If you are looking for packed lunch ideas then please see this post here.
- Syn Free Minestrone Soup
- Syn Free Apple and Beetroot Salad
- Low Syn Garlic and Chilli Pasta
- Curried Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Soup
- Low Syn Bagels
- Sweet baked potato, beetroot and a salad
- A baked potato with choice of toppings
- Creamy tomato sauce from Iceland mixed with cooked pasta
- Low Syn Scrambled Egg Toast with Tomatoes
- Tex-Mex Omelette Wraps
- Roasted Stuffed Peppers
- Bubble and Squeak Cakes
- Bean and Rice Burritos
- Onion and Potato Tortilla
- Beetroot Bistro Salad
- Baked Vegetable Frittata
- Sweet potato pancakes
- Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Couscous Bites
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Onion Masala Toast
- Cauliflower Pizza
- One Pot Beef Pasta
- Cranberry Bliss Baked Oat Bars
- Syn Free Sausage Rolls
- Quiche with bacon and leek
- Lemon Oat Pancakes
- Syn Free Tomato and Basil Soup
- Syn free steak and cheese baguettes
- 31 Aldi Slow Cooker Recipes For The Whole Family
- Aldi Slimming World Shopping List 2020
- 21 Low-Syn Family Meals
Slimming World recipes dinners
These Slimming World dinner recipes fit in with the whole family. Some can be made in advanced or even in a slow cooker if you are short of time. We’ve made some of these with Spicentice, who helped turn our boring meals into exciting family recipes again.
- Low Syn chicken curry
- Donar kebab
- Vegetable Stew
- Quorn Chicken Burger Wrap
- Syn Free Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta
- Syn Free Spicy Sweet Potato and Lentils
- Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
- One Pot Speed Pasta
- Syn free tomato and garlic pasta
- Syn free butternut squash lasagna
- Gammon steak pizza
- Low Syn Roast
- Syn free vegetarian chickpea curry
- Baked Chickpea, Spinach & Harissa Falafels
- Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork With Red Cabbage ‘slaw
- Macaroni Cheese
- Vegetable and Lentil Lasagna
- Vegetable Filo Tart
- Homity Pie
- Beef Madras
- Vegetable Antipasti
- Wild Mushroom and chestnut Pies
- Chicken tikka masala
- Chicken and prawn paella
- Quorn Cottage Pie
- Mushy pea curry
- Vegetable Pad Tai
- Italian Bean Stew
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Garlic and Carrot Noodles
- Quick Mac and Cheese
- Syn free Filthy chunky chips with chilli, bacon & cheese
- Chicken stroganoff
- Grilled chicken kebabs
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Stir fry chicken noodles with vegetables
- Slow cooker chilli con carne
- Mediterranean chicken
- Homemade burgers with sweet potato fries
- Chicken Jalfrezi with wholemeal rice
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more family friendly budget recipes or meal plan ideas, then head over to the budget food section here on Savings 4 Savvy Mums where you’ll find over 30 cheap posts dedicated to helping you cook and shop wiser for less. There’s enough tips to help you save over £300 a month! You could also pop over and follow my family food Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on how to eat well and spend less; Family Meal Plans on a Budget, Budget Family Meals & Budget Slimming World Recipes for Families.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.
What the * means
If a link has an * by it, then this means it is an affiliate link and helps S4SM stay free for all. If you use the link, it may mean that we receive a very small payment. It will not cost you anymore that it would normally.
You shouldn’t notice any difference and the link will never negatively impact the product. The items we write about are NEVER dictated by these links. We aim to look at all products on the market. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link, then the link, or product is still included in the same way, just with a non-paying link.