This post may contain affiliate links which is shown by a *. This means if you click on a link I may get a small commission at no cost to you.
Including vegan breakfast recipes
Looking for vegan breakfast ideas on a budget that the whole family will enjoy? There’s no need to struggle to eat vegan while on a budget. We have loads of simple yet wholesome vegan breakfast recipes that the whole family will love that won’t break the bank.
Feeding a busy family in the mornings can be stressful but with these vegan recipes ideas the pain is taken away.
Breakfast doesn’t have to boring! A lot of these vegan breakfast recipes can be made ahead and thrown together quickly.
The discounters are a great place to start if you need to get your food bill down. there’s no need for expensive products when a lot do there own.
The same rules of shopping savvy should still apply and ignoring all those “special” offer tags can be hard when you know that it’s cheap.
Save Money One Day at a Time
Do You Want To Save £300 This Month? Then Come Join My Money Saving Challenge Now! It’s free and offers simple tips to help you save more money as a family.
Here’s our top 3 tips to staying on budget when you’re trying to do the family shop with the kids:
1. There’s no need to go crazy. Stick to your meal plan and shopping list. It’s easy to get distracted when everything is cheap. Shopping weekly means you are in control.
2. Use your phone to do a quick check to see if you can find the product you want cheaper. Is what you’re buying really good value for money?
3. Downshifting can still work even if your family are vegan. Start by buying the supermarkets own brand and go up the brand by brand depending on taste.
We have our favorite vegan breakfast go-tos. (We aren’t vegan but we love them!) These can all be made on a budget and brought from discounters.
1. Rolled oats – Whatever nut you like join it with your milk substitute and add maple. We add whatever fruit is close to going off for the extra sweetness or frozen fruit.
2. Breakfast fried rice is fab and can be made into leftovers. We cook ours with coconut oil and add onions, nuts and honey. We make ours sweet but I’m sure it would work as a savoury dish too.
3. Quinoa is perfect for days that you’re in a rush. We batch cook ours so we can grab it quickly. We add soya milk (but any alternative milk works) and then go crazy with the cinnamon tub or lemon bottle.
Using those kitchen staples can really help bring down the cost of your weekly shop. Spices, grains and coconut oil last a long time and are very inexpensive.
Vegan Breakfast Ideas on a Budget
If you’re struggling to keep your bill down then here’s our top tips to help you keep more money in your bucket.
- Meal Plan Sheets – Depending on how comfortable you are, either find a spare pad or print out 8-10 copies of a weekly meal plan sheet.
You’ll need enough space to write down a simple menu for each day and a shopping list as you go.
You can make your own weekly meal plan or download my meal plans and shopping lists for free from the Resource Vault. Having several copies on hand will help inspire you to get started and keep up the meal plans for several weeks.
- Look at the below stores to see if you can save some money:
Remember to come join our FREE Facebook Messenger Group for all the latest deals, freebies and quick family money saving tips!
- Of course there are plenty of other ways to save money, and once you start seeking them out then you will be amazed at what you find.
Every time you buy online you could be getting cashback. Have a look at:
Go to these sites first before you buy anything online and see if you can get money back. Anything goes from hotel stays to toys and train tickets.
- Use an app like Plum* to keep track of your spending and to help you save. Using Plum* can help you build up your savings, pay off dent quicker and invest to make your money work harder. It’s free to join!
- Join our 6-week FREE money saving course that walks you through how you can save your family money. No filler. Just real tips and advice from us on how we save money daily.
Vegan Breakfast Ideas
All these are easy to make and delicious plus some are healthy! Use this to fill up your weekly meal plan. We all get stuck in a rut when it comes to feeding our family and sticking to a budget. Change things up every week while still making sure you stick to what you can afford.
1. Peanut butter cup pancakes
2. Overnight oats
3. Bruscetta toast
5. Guacamole toast
6. Oatmeal waffles
7. Tofu omelets
8. Baked granola bars
9. Breakfast sandwich
10. French toast
11. Banana nut oat meal
13. Fry up
14. Breakfast muffins
15. Chickpea pancake
16. Jam filled muffins
17. Avocado on toast
18. Homemade peanut butter granola
19. Banana bread
20. Blueberry donuts
21. Shortcake pancakes
If you’re looking for some meal plan inspiration then try our quick and cheap meal plan. You and swap and change the meals out from the food list. Our vegan menu costs under £25 for a family of four.
- 51 Quick Vegan Meals on a Budget
- 53 of the Best Frugal Living Tips: This is How to Become a Frugal Family
- How to meal plan so it saves you time and money
Meal Plans and Budget Shopping Tips
Receive your FREE weekly meal plans and shopping lists, including a Slimming World meal plan and a slow cooker shopping list PLUS 15+ other FREE money saving printables you can download straight away.