If you’re the mother of the bride or the groom for that matter, you will want to look great for the big day. Here are ten tips to do just that.
- Let the mother of the bride choose her dress first. – Wedding etiquette states that the mother of the bride is to choose her dress before the mother of the groom gets to. You can forego tradition and create a bonding experience with a shopping day that includes both mothers.
- The two dresses should be the same length. – If the two mothers decide to shop separately, the mother of the bride should choose the length of the dress. According to www.froxoffalkirk.com the length is often determined by the wedding’s formality and how it will look in the wedding photographs.
- Coordinate the dresses with the bridesmaid dresses. – You should have a swatch of the bridesmaid dresses when you go shopping for the mother of the bride’s and mother of the groom’s dresses. The color of the dresses should complement the entire bridal party. You can either match the bridesmaid dresses or choose a color that coordinates with the dresses. There are several designers who offer collections of both bridesmaids and mothers dresses. One brand to look at is Jordan and Mori Lee.
- Visit a specialty store, such as the Wedding Shoppe, for a personalized experience. – Many mothers of the bride and groom visit a department store to purchase their dress. However, these dresses are important, which is why the mothers should visit a smaller bridal shop. Contact the Wedding Shoppe to book an appointment at 651-298-1144. At your appointment, you will receive the attention and personalization that you deserve.
- Shop affordable dresses. – Although these dresses are important, they are not a bridal gown and should not be expensive. On your wedding day, you want the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom to be fashionable, yet affordable. If you want to save money and find the perfect dress for the mothers, consider Cameron Blake, VM by Mori Lee or Collection 20 mother of the bride and mother of the groom dresses.
- Make sure the dresses are classy, yet comfortable. – There are numerous mother of the bride and mother of the groom dresses on the market, which is why you should never settle for a dress that is not comfortable. The day of the wedding is going to be busy. Therefore, find a dress that allows you to sit comfortably, freely move your arms and bend over. One option is to choose a mother of the bride/ mother of the groom pantsuit. A pantsuit is both classy and comfortable.
- Ask before you opt for black. – Although black is said to go with everything, it may not fit with the theme of the wedding. If black is not one of the bride’s wedding colors, you should avoid this color. Always consult the bride when choosing a color.
- Is it okay to wear white? – Today, many mothers of the bride are choosing to match their daughter and wear white. In addition to this, bridesmaids may be wearing champagne, ivory or white bridesmaids dresses, so it could be an option. Always consult the bride before choosing the color of your dress.
- Limit your bling. – Although a little sparkle is good, do not overdo it with accessories or embellishments. Remember the focus should be on the bride, not your dazzling accessories.
- Always talk with the bride. – Although the dress is for you, it is the bride and groom’s wedding. You should keep her involved and ask for her opinion before purchasing a dress. The best mother of the bride or mother of the groom dress will please both moms and the bride.
This is a collaborative post.