Money Saving Tips for Families
It’s not easy to know where to start if you want to save your family money. There’re so many ways to save money, some a scam, that it can become a complete headache.
First of all, you need to work out how much you need to save compared to how much you would like to save.
- Do you need to pay off a large debt?
- Are your families bills out of control?
- Are you spending as much as you’re earning?
Just realising that you need to start saving more money is the first step to actually doing it.
How Can I Save My Family Money?
Start pulling everything out and work out what’s going in and out. I have a FREE easy to use budget plan to help you keep track month on month.
Remember to add your annual costs over each month too.
Then it’s time to decide what to tackle first. I’d recommend having a look at 99 Ways You Can Save Money as a Family, and:
- If you have any loans or credit cards, start by planning to pay them off first. Can you swap them to any zero percent credit cards? (Remember to check the additional transfer charges, does it outweigh the cost?)
- Phoning round all your outgoing bill providers to see if you could get a better deal. This includes car insurance, utilities, TV packages and subscription services you can’t live without.
- Start to meal plan and take a shopping list with you. I have some FREE meal plans you can use, all featuring cheap family meals and shopping lists you can use if you only have £20 a week to shop.
- Start thinking about birthdays and Christmas now. Doesn’t matter the time of year. Who do you have to buy for? Can you give them a special IOU for when you find the best deal?
- Start putting a bit away every month. Whatever you can. I use the one pound a day challenge. Before I know it, I have a hefty sum to fullback on. I recommend trying to save at least three months of your monthly outgoings just in case the very worst happens.
Not all this will work for everyone. Knowing what you want out of saving money will help you to find something that works for you and your family.
This website is split into five different areas:
You can either keep up to date with the latest posts from the home page or click through the categories above to narrow down your search.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
Saving rates are currently rubbish. Always aim to pay off your biggest debt first and work your way down.
If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
Not everything here will work for you. Try it, and if it doesn’t work try something else.
Don't forget to declare any extra income to HMRC
However much you save, from 20p to £20, to even £200, is something. Something is far better than nothing.
Do you want to save your family money without compromising on your lifestyle?
Let's keep more money in your pocket so you and your family can enjoy your time together without worrying about financial hardship or when the next bill will drop in.
You need help working out where to start. How do you save when you have no money, or already shop at discounters?
Plus daily prompts, food ideas and a community full of mums who have the same goal as you, to save money day to day so they can enjoy more time with their family.
What are you waiting for?
Have access to my exclusive Facebook group PLUS download over 15 FREE money saving printables.
Including 5 Ingredient meal plans, shopping lists, cheap recipes AND budget Slimming World 7-day plans the whole family will love!