There is no overstating how much beautiful luxury flooring can transform a home or business. The right flooring materials can completely change the look and feel of any space. And there is a wide range of luxury flooring to choose from, each with its own special attributes. Traditional carpets are on their way out and there are so many other flooring options to choose from. We’re going to take a look through the top luxury flooring ideas that are perfect for homes and businesses.
Hardwood flooring is a timeless choice. But it is versatile. With a huge variety of wood types to choose from, you can find wood flooring that fits perfectly into any space.
Wood is unique in the amount of warmth it provides. It is welcoming and comfortable underfoot while also providing a luxury feel. Laminate flooring can give you the same look as real wood but it doesn’t have the same level of comfort and luxury.
Benefits of solid wood flooring
- Durable – wood flooring can take a lot of wear and tear without showing any signs of damage.
- Eco-friendly – wood is a carbon-neutral material, making wood flooring one of the most eco-friendly options.
- Unique – every piece of hardwood flooring is unique, with its own grain pattern.
- Versatility – a wide range of wood types with different colours, and a variety of options for the finish (e.g. distressed vs gloss).
- Air quality – wood floors can’t harbour dust and other allergens.
- Easy maintenance – hardwood flooring is easy to clean and maintain.
Ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles
Ceramic and porcelain are very similar materials, with a few differences. Both are made from clay and fired in a kiln. Ceramic tiles, however, are fired at a lower temperature than porcelain tiles. Porcelain also uses more refined clay, giving it a smoother surface.
Benefits of ceramic or porcelain tiles
- Highly decorative – there are limitless design possibilities for ceramic tiles, including designer Italian tiles, handpainted and handmade tiles, mosaic tiles, antique tiles, and more. And they can come in any colour palette you can imagine.
- Hot climates – ceramic tile is perfect for hot climates because it will always feel cool underfoot.
- Water resistant – ceramic works well in spaces that will have water because it is water resistant.
Natural stone flooring
Natural stone is the ultimate luxury flooring type. It is highly visually appealing yet incredibly durable. Stone has been used for thousands of years as flooring for even the grandest palaces and temples. Marble, granite, travertine, and quartzite are popular stone flooring choices that always look luxurious.
Benefits of natural stone flooring
- Durable – stone is a hard flooring material that is difficult to break and can withstand a lot of footfall
- Easy maintenance – stone flooring is easy to maintain, with minimal cleaning
- Natural material – natural stone has visual appeal. Each tile will have its own unique pattern that adds to its beauty.
- Elegance – stone is an elegant material that brings to mind high-end buildings, such as palaces and temples.
- A variety of stone types are available.
Luxury vinyl tile
Luxury vinyl tiles have become popular in recent years. Bath Vision says that they are a true step up from linoleum sheet vinyl floors. The luxury vinyl planks can be designed to look like anything from real wood to natural stone, giving you complete control over the design.
Benefits of luxury vinyl tile
- Durable – luxury vinyl floor tiles are stain-resistant and scratch-resistant
- Waterproof – this type of flooring is fully waterproof so can be used in any room, including places that will have heavy water such as a wet room.
- Versatile – vinyl flooring comes in an unlimited range of colours and styles so it is easy to find a design that fits the space.
- Quiet underfoot – vinyl flooring is sound absorbent so is perfect for high-traffic areas where the sounds of footsteps could be distracting.
Epoxy resin flooring
Epoxy Gang states that epoxy resin flooring is unique because it can easily be laid on top of your existing flooring concrete, serving as a protective as well as decorative coating. The resin is poured onto the concrete and when it hardens, you’re left with an extremely smooth and glossy surface that is completely seamless. The resin can be in any colour and decorative elements like metallic flakes can be mixed in to give it even more of a luxury appeal.
Benefits of epoxy resin flooring
- Sleek – the super smooth and glossy resin surface looks sleek and modern
- Versatile – there are endless design opportunities with colours and patterns. Epoxy flooring can be made to look like marble, it can have multilayered decorative coatings to give a deep textured pearlescent effect, and it can be in any colour you like with any pattern you choose. For businesses, you can even have your logo embedded into the floor.
- Durable – epoxy resin is extremely strong and is capable of bearing a lot of weight. This makes it perfect not just for homes but also for more industrial settings. It is also scratch, stain, heat, and chemical resistant.
- Hygienic – the floor resin creates a perfect seal, which makes this type of flooring very hygienic. There are no cracks where bacteria can grow which makes the flooring easy to clean fully.
- Underfloor heating – Epoxy resin flooring works well with underfloor heating, which can add an extra layer of comfort and luxury to living rooms, office space, or other areas where people will be spending a lot of time.
- Eco-friendly – although epoxy flooring does use chemical materials, the epoxy is inert once it is dry and the flooring needs to be replaced very rarely. Because of this, it is a more eco-friendly option compared to other flooring materials.
- Sound absorbent – epoxy floors can dampen the sounds that footsteps make.
Luxury flooring does more than just add interest to a space. It can also completely transform how people feel when they are in it. The feeling of the floor underfoot, how the flooring affects the air quality, and the noise that footsteps make. All of these elements will contribute to the benefits that a luxury flooring material will add to any room.